This was our first DIY project for Anouk, who was ~10 months old at Xmas. It was quite a fun and feel good activity for the parents. The templates for the Christmas star we used, are available here.
Equipment we used
- A4 sheet paper for each leg of the star
- Double sided tape - which I found was useful than glue, when joining legs of the star together
- Coloured paper (we got 3 sheets, since we made 3 stars, 40 cents a piece
- Time - Around 45 min for each star. :)
I referred this site for a detailed description of How-to.
We went for the simplest form - no light bulbs inside and hence no perforations on the paper too, to let the light out. The product was super neat and we used a needle and thread to hung it from the spot light bulb stand.
Bonus points :
- Kiddo loved it
- Learnt star ( not to pronounce, but always looked up at the stars to our "Where are our stars?" :) - # Edit - learnt to say star after another couple of months :D
- Learnt to show a somewhat curled three fingers to our constant "Three stars" with the sign.
- Loves to get a raise-me-up-and-make-my-head-bang-against-them .. A sure shot solution to a cranky child situation.